The OAA has a Projects Committee, which assists Year Groups and Akoras with costing, co-ordinating, implementing and monitoring of projects. Year Groups (irrespective of their celebrations) looking to adopt a project, should initially contact the OAA Secretariat for a list of the School's Projects. This list is updated periodically in consultation with the Headmistress.
By doing this, duplication of effort is eliminated and the projects are better coordinated. Year Groups are encouraged to select projects which are financially viable to them so that the project is completed on time. Resource mobilisation must begin well in advance to enable raise enough funds for execution.
For projects which are more capital intensive, Year Groups are encouraged to team up with other Year Groups to raise funds and execute. Team effort is guaranteed to make the financial burden lighter.
50th Anniversary Project
Ideally projects adopted by 50th Anniversary celebrants should be completed by the Founders' Day they are hosting to enable them hand it over at the climax of their celebrations.
25th Anniversary Project
The 25th Anniversary celebrants, should complete their project by Speech Day of the same year they host the Bonfire Night.
In order to do this Year Groups must plan and raise funds well in advance of their celebrations to ensure that project that they start gets completed.
After two years of inactivity, suspended projects will revert back to the list for any other Year Group to revive and complete.
If no year group shows any interest in a suspended project and the initiating year group shows interest, it will be re-allocated to the group upon satisfactory proof of availability of resources to complete.
1. New modern Dining Hall (East) (Chosen by the 1966 and 1967 year groups)
2. Seven sets of complete Public Address System for the Chapels, Assembly Hall and Dining Halls
3. Construction of a new Swimming pool
4. Rehabilitation of Western Kitchen
5. Rehabilitation of Sewage System (Government project)
6. Walling of the School
7. Construction of a New 3,000 seating capacity Chapel (drawings available in the School)
8. A thorough examination of Water system and replacement of old pipelines
9. Footbridge at the Western and Hospital Cross roads.
10. Rehabilitation and expansion of the Cadet Square ( Chosen by the 1968 Year group)
11. Rehabilitation of Staff washrooms
12. Rehabilitation of Archives
13. Rehabilitation of Boys’ Gym
14. Construction of a girls’ dormitory block
15. Construction of a boys’ dormitory block
16. Construction of a new Science laboratory complex
17. Construction of a Geography School
18. Tarring of the new oval road
19. Rehabilitation and painting of East Dining Hall
20. Provision of Solar Power for School Buildings (e.g. Classrooms, Dormitories, Assembly Hall, Chapel, Science and ICT Laboratories, Administration etc.)
21. Repair of School Bell and Repair of School Clock
22. Open Truck for market
23. Refuse collecting truck
24. Water Tanker(s)
25. Construction of Pavilion, washrooms and rehabilitation of athletics oval
26. Rehabilitation of staff bungalows (one at a time)
27. Changing of old electrical cables in all School buildings
28. Pavement blocks for areas behind Coca Cola block and Chapman Nyaho block.
29. Computers and Accessories (Scanners, Printers, UPS etc.)
30. Risograph machines, Photocopy machines
31. 4000 collapsible chairs for the Assembly Hall
32. Lawn mowers/tractor mowers
33. Chain saws
34. Buckets of white and black emulsion or oil paint
35. Fluorescent tubes and bulbs (energy saving)
36. 1000 Graduation Gowns
Needs of the OAA Secretariat
1 water dispenser
1 5kva generator
1 photocopier (Canon)
1 desktop computer (HP)
1 UPS (APC)
1 3-in-1 workstation
4 swivel chairs
2 visitors' chairs
2 Filing cabinets
1 storage cabinet
1 storage cabinet
1 4-tier locker set
1 permanent planner
1 clock magnetic planner
Local Area Network
Public Address System
500 Collapsible Chairs
50 Ten- Seater tables
2 Deep Freezer
The sewerage system of Achimota School has been on the brink of extinction for some timenow. Even though the system is over 80 years old, age is not its problem. More...
|OAA USA 2016 REUNION - WASHINGTON, DC AREA JULY 2-3, 2016|
|OAA -UK Summer Fundraiser and Fun Event|